Now I was supposed to be having an MRI which has been requested but not yet completed, so I had queried if it was worth me attending or rearranging, but I was told to still attend.
When I got to the appointment I was told this was because, although the scan hadn’t been done they wanted to check on any change which was very reassuring. And indeed, the wound was smaller than a month ago – a reduction of 0.8cms, which as it was only 2.5 stubbon cms did mean a reduction of 32% i was also told that my blood tests were normal – so this means that no infection was detected by the blood test. They still want the MRI to check the size and shape of the cavity and ensure there is nothing lurking – so I await that appointment from the BRI.
The Prof himself did make an appearance, and had been shown the last blog entry by his team when I tagged them on Twitter. He was very compliomentry about it, so hopefully he will continue to read it!
So all this means that the SNAP system seems to be doing it’s thing, slowly but surely. I go back to Cardiff in January, unless we get the MRI sooner – will keep you all updated…